WEBINAR – Inside Story On The 5th Edition Standards
Once you have registered, please check your inbox to ensure you have received a confirmation email – if not, email us and we will check that your registration has been processed.
2018-20 Prescriber Bag Supplies Book
Prescriber bag supplies books can now be ordered – if you order before 25 April, the book will be delivered in June. Eligible prescribers can use this to obtain some PBS medicines for emergency use for patients. A reminder to practices that only typed prescription order forms will be accepted – order your Prescriber bag supplies order book.
The Red Book – Updated
The Department of Health has recently updated the Red Book which provides guidance on commercial relations between general practices and pathology services.
Changes to the Red Book include:
- Removing references to the regulations being new (the Red Book was originally published in 2008 when the new regulations were introduced).
- Information about the compliance and enforcement strategy and its implementation.
- Inclusion of examples of scenarios in which issues with rents have been identified by or to the Department of Health.
- Questions and answers in the Q&A section on submitting leases following changed arrangements and reporting inappropriate practices.
Media Release: ‘Ground-Breaking Flu Vaccines …’
The government has announced that two new ground-breaking flu vaccines will be provided to those aged 65 years and over free of charge. The vaccines have been fast-tracked and will be available this month through the National Immunisation Program.
A reminder to practices that you can record flu vaccines on the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) – vaccines can be recorded on the AIR for people of all ages. This includes vaccines for adults such as Zostavax, pneumococcal and private vaccines for flu and travel … read more >>
Measles Health Alert
Five cases of measles have been reported in Queensland – one case in Townsville and the other cases in the Brisbane and Logan regions.
National Guide To A Preventive Health Assessment For Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander People
The National Guide to a Preventive Health Assessment for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander People has been updated – this is an essential practice resource to assist in the delivery of best practice healthcare to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients.
- National Guide to a Preventive Health Assessment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People – 3rd edition
- Supporting documents for practices
Pregnancy Care Guidelines
The Pregnancy Care Guidelines (originally published in two modules) have been updated – these provide a reliable and standard reference for health professionals who provide antenatal care to their patients … read more >>
- Clinical Practice Guidelines: Pregnancy Care – 2018 Edition
- Clinical Practice Guidelines: Pregnancy Care – Short-form Guideline
‘Head to Health’ – New Digital Mental Health Gateway
Sam the chatbot is a virtual assistant that can help you navigate the many resources for mental health on the Department of Health’s website: Head to Health. ‘Sam’ will ask questions to tailor information specifically for you about publicly-funded support services available to you patients … read more >>